Warehouse Planning Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Job reference: 440438
My client based in Surrey is seeking a driven, passionate and experienced warehouse Planning Manager to manage a large team of warehouse staff. The successful applicant will have experience of working in a warehouse or warehouse type environment and also good knowledge of goods in/out processes. This is a pivotal role that reports directly to the Warehouse Manager and its key responsibility is to help ensure guaranteed, efficient and effective Warehouse plans to meet the needs of the business.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of 3 teams ensuring they are focused on warehouse space and flow, service, accuracy, efficiency to agreed targets
You will build and provide pragmatic, forward-thinking analytics to help identify and rectify efficiency gaps (costs, capacities and breaches).
Implement standard operating procedures and policies in support of organisational goals to maximise output
Ensure key performance indicators are in place and targets are consistently met
Develop and review the long range strategic and annual tactical growth plans to ensure delivery
Ensure that the Health, Safety and Well-being standards throughout the warehouse are meeting compliance requirement with SHEs input and expertise
Manage stock control, check records are updated and accurate
Identify what are the critical factors that influence cost and service
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years Management/Operations experience within a warehouse environment
- Team management experience preferably within a high volume fast-paced demand/supply planning environment - ideally blue chip; service driven; manufacturing/retail logistics
- Working knowledge of the principals of budgeting and financial reporting
- Self-motivated and target driven, must be comfortable dealing with the pressure of monthly targets
- Experience of using your adaptive, proactive and tenacious style to build meaningful relationships at all levels
Detail2Retail is a trading division of Detail2Recruitment Limited acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retail organisations.